We have the database of one of the section(Vegetable-fruits)- of big mall, which includes the different fruits and vegetable sold in different cities on each day. Pivot Table is comprising of 200 rows of data with No, Product, Category, City, Amount and Date field.
We have field settings as shown below. Drag Product, Category, City and Amount in repective Label lists.
Related Article: How to Sort and Filter data in Pivot Tables?
Your Pivot Table is ready as shown below.
1. To create Pivot Chart, Go to Options (This tab will be visible only when your any cell in Pivot Table is active) and click on Pivot Chart in Tools field.
2. Result:Pivot chart will be created with different colours and with filter button. Simple chart does not create filter options.
Create Filter in Pivot Chart
3. You can further simplify and extract required data using filter button from Pivot Chart.
For example, To create filter in category, click on dropdown and select required category.
Result: Category field is filtered by only "Fruits".
4. Same way, filter data to analyse data citywise.
5. Specified Product details in Charts using Product filter.
This way, you can first use Pivot Tables to simplify large database. Then create Pivot chart which is simply amazing way to understand and explain to others.
4,575 total views, 2 views today