There will be instances when you want to lock specific cells from editing. Generally when we Protect sheet, it locked all the cells from Editing and don't allow user to edit single cell.
To lock specific cells and allow user to edit other cells, execute following steps.
1. First select all cells clicking on left Top corner symbol.
2. Right click and select Format cells.
3. In Protection tab, uncheck checkbox for Locked and Hidden.
4. Again select cell which you want to lock, Right click and select Format cells. In Protection tab check
Locked and click OK.
5. Now Go to Review->Protect sheet
6. Protect sheet dialog box will open. Provide password. You can select option for what you will like to allow to users. For example, by default, user can Select all locked and unlocked cell, but can't edit it. If you want to allow user to format cells then check Format cells option. User will be able to format cells but can't edit it.
7. Your cells are locked now. Try to edit any cell which you have locked and you will get below message box.
Explore More, It's Amazing…
1,865 total views, 1 views today