Use the split box to split excel worksheet horizontally or vertically to see different parts. Splitting the worksheet can be useful in comparing two rows or columns of data located in different parts of worksheet. We can use it as an alternative to freeze panes to keep worksheet titles or headings on screen as we scroll down the worksheet.
Related Article: Easy way to work with multiple workbooks simultaneously
Two ways to split worksheet
A) Split worksheet using split box
To Split excel worksheet horizontally, drag the split box located at the Top of vertical scrollbar.
To Split worksheet vertically drag the split box located at the far right end of horizontal scrollbar.
To remove split, Double click on vertical or horizontal bar that divides panes.
B) Split worksheet into four parts with option Split in View tab
1. Select the cell. Let's Select C13 cell. Go to View and Click Spilt.
2. You can see that the sheet is divided into four parts from the selected cell.
3. You can scroll different sides of worksheet to view different parts. For example, use the lower vertical scroll bar to move to row 26 and use upper vertical scroll bar to move to row one to see the title. You can see that first 8 rows are still visible.
4. To move vertical or horizontal scrollbar, just drag it to required cell
5. To remove split, Double click on vertical or horizontal bar that divides panes.
Explore More, It's Amazing…
If you find this useful, you can stay connected with us on facebook to get more amazing tips and tricks of Microsoft excel.
4,091 total views, 1 views today