Excel offers you an ability to assign user-level permissions to different areas on a protected worksheet. You can specify which users can edit a particular range while the worksheet is protected. This will allow user to edit particular range and lock all other cells of worksheet. The other way around, if you want to lock specific cells and allow user to edit all other cells then read this: How to Lock specific cells from editing in Excel?
1. For example, you want to allow user to edit range A2:A9 which is Name column and protect all other cells of this worksheet
2. Select range A2:A9
3. Go to Review-> Changes field, select Allow Users to Edit Ranges.
4. Excel will launch dialog box. Generally excel will automatically takes the selected range. If not, click on New and Select required range for editing in protected sheet. You can add more than one range.
5. To provide password, click on Protect Sheet.
Provide password and click on check box for the things you want to allow users to do.
6. Confirm Password and click OK.
Result:You can now edit cells from A2 to A9. Here we have changed name from Ankita to Ankita Shah. But if you try to edit any other cell, excel will display an error message
Explore More, It's Amazing…
2,567 total views, 1 views today